So spiteful is Cranley that he excluded two Democrats from any committee chair positions at all, and gave a Republican, Christ Smitherman, two committee chairs. Why did he punish them, one asks, well most of the Democrats on Council openly supported Cranley's opponent for Mayor. It wasn't a surprise that he would snub them, but then it makes Tim Burke's comments praising Cranley for support Democratic candidates all the more bullshit. Cranley only supports Democrats that either support him or don't oppose him. The rest of his term has been filled with opposing the five Democrats on a large number of issues and turning those battles into public fights that he especially make petty and vicious. Those issues he's broken with the Party have not shockingly been ones he found allies in Republicans on council and in the community.
- Budget and Finance Chair: Charlie Winburn (R)
- Economic Growth & Infrastructure Chair: Christopher Smitherman (R)
- Education & Entrepreneurship Chair: P.G. Sittenfeld (D)
- Human Services, Youth & Arts Chair: Yvette Simpson (D)
- Law & Public Safety Chair: Christopher Smitherman (R)
- Major Transportation & Regional Cooperation Chair: Amy Murray (R)
- Neighborhoods Chair: David Mann (D)
- Rules & Audit Chair: Kevin Flynn (C)
John is not a good mayor is his first and most important consideration he makes before any choice is how will it effect him and his future.