1. Who is Brian Griffin? - I am a blogger living in Cincinnati. I'm an avid supporter of the City of Cincinnati, an urbanist, an arts supporter, FC Cincinnati season ticket holder, and a music fan.
2. Is Brian Griffin your real name? - Shhhh! Yes, it is. I also know about the whole cartoon dog thing.
3. Are you a professional Journalist? - No, I am not a professional journalist. I am at best an amateur journalist, if you believe blogging is a form of journalism.
4. What is a Blog? - A contraction of the term "web log", a form of on-line writing characterized in format by a single column of chronological text, usually with a sidebar, and frequently updated. From www.samizdata.net
Blogger has this definition:
A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.Also, in my humble opinion social media posts are not blog posts, so please try not to confuse them.
Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.
In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not.
5. Where can I find out more information about Cincinnati? - Try one of the following websites: www.cincinnati.com or www.cincinnati-oh.gov or en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati
6. What do you write about? - I write about what ever the Hell I feel like. I mostly write about Cincinnati news, politics and media, but I will venture into national politics and media coverage as well. I will dabble in culture and other random PR for friends or other groups I care to support.
7. What are you, a Democrat? - I am a liberal, but don't assume a meaning of that based on your perspective, you might be wrong. I consider myself a mostly Independent Liberal. My views on various topics vary from the typical Liberal. I would be considered ultra Liberal on personal social issues, but moderate on economic issues. I don't fear corporations, but I don't trust them either. My views can surprise people sometimes, and I like it that way. I don't like to use the term "progressive" in the modern
8. How Often Do You Post? - As often as I can. I try for daily, but don't always make it.
9. What's the best browser to use with your site? - Firefox, Chrome, and IE all work fine. Just keep them updated.
10. Weren't you in the newspaper or something? - Yep, I have been written about a few times in the local mainstream press. I am starting to keep track on a blog post here, so you can check out some of My Press. Geesh, I sound like a PR machine.
11. Are there other fine print items you need to point out? Why yes there are: The view points here are my own. None of the view points expressed by Brian Griffin or any individual blogger on this site represent the view point of my employer or any organization I am affiliated with.
Got any more questions? Email them to me: cincyblog at aol.com